The Client Manager (CM) is responsible for managing her/his project teams’ performance as it relates to client service and quality control. S/he will understand Edelman’s various Communications Marketing processes/approaches and capabilities, including public engagement, message workshops, master narrative assignments, brand engagement and stakeholder mapping exercises, and be able to recommend appropriate tactics to clients and lead small teams on project implementation.
- Plays a major role in the research, planning and development of comprehensive Communications Marketing campaigns
- Serves as daily client contact and as client lead when appropriate
- Oversees quality and operational performance of accounts, ensuring work quality and deadline adherence
- Helps set client program goals and manage against them
- Elevates problems to superiors and solicits counsel when needed and appropriately
- Demonstrates proficiency in writing skills to craft internal and client correspondence, communications plans, press materials, new business proposals, etc.
- Demonstrates tactical proficiency in media relations, including creating and driving outreach plans, message development, management of events, growth of contact network and effective pitching and training of spokespersons on speeches and presentations
- Demonstrates practical and advanced understanding of visual communications, social media and the digital landscape and how to incorporate into client programs
- Generates original ideas for sustainable online community engagement, helps integrate them into plans and measures and evaluates them to ensure they contribute to client goals
- Plays a role in using research and analytics as a project performance indicator
- Demonstrates understanding of core financial constructs including revenue, profitability, pricing structures, budgeting and forecasting
- Effectively works within account budget parameters and deadlines
- Helps ensure teams follows Edelman’s financial policies and processes
- Contributes to new business process, including identifying new business opportunities
- Participates in integrated teams to provide clients and prospects with the most compelling team and proposal
- Works with account leads to introduce existing clients to relevant and new Edelman capabilities, including resources outside of group, to advance their business goals
- Interviews and helps select Edelman personnel
- At least four years of relevant experience in Communications Marketing and/or related fields, including research, advertising, management consulting, media or publishing
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university
- Proven ability to manage large projects and small teams on one or more sizable accounts
- A comprehensive understanding of his/her clients’ businesses and their missions, as well as their key stakeholders: consumers, employees, investors, regulators, media, vendors, partners and other businesses/organizations, etc., and will be able to impart this knowledge to account team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to delegate tactical assignments and accurately judge and edit work of others
- Familiar with best practice integrated Communications Marketing tactics and tools and will be able to recommend them to his/her clients