The Art Director is responsible for conceptualizing creative solutions that effectively and efficiently communicate the strategic intent of each tactic within the assigned clients; and for overseeing visual aspects of creative works until end products.
Client relationships 10%
- Advise client on all technical visual recommendations and/ or issues
- Help facilities both the input and creative meetings
- Assit in making/ perform presentations to clients
Creative planning & Execution management 35%
- Work on the graphic development of at least 2-3 products at the same time
- Interact with copywriters to develop integrated creative concepts and executions of assigned clients
- Work closely with account teams to schedule and monitor all projects
- Provide accurate time and cost estimates for each tactic
- Commission specialists, such as artists and photographers, to work on projects
- Supervise production phase
- Produce end product based on the client-approved plan.
Quality assurance and operations 20%
- Review/ check visual aspects of creative works to make sure they meet cost / schedule / quality requirement from client (specificly, they can answer brief, meet strategy) and give appropriate feedback to team members when necessary.
- People development 10% Provide detailed direction to designers
- Assist in the training and development of designers’ skills & Increase digital capability for self
Creative award 10%
- While prioritizing client satisfaction, together with the team, pursue to win creative award so that reputation of the company would rise in the industry.
Contribution to new business development 10%
- Confer with HoC/ACD on making ad proposals to potential clients when the team deems that such proposals would benefit the clients.
- Keep up-to-date on clients’ marketing, products, consumers’ trends and competitors’ activities, as well as social and cultural trends and fashions, etc so that effective and innovative advertising can be created.
- Assume responsibility for any other duties or projects which may be given
SUPERVISION GIVEN AUTHORITY WORK RELATIONS
- All relevant team leaders / project leaders;
- Account & SP staff
- production houses
- creative networks
- People Development
- Positive Attitude
- Networking Diversity
- Corporate thinking
- Ethics value: honesty & respecting people
Functional Knowledge & Skills
- Interactive Communication
- Project Management
- Profitability Management
- IT application
- Digital creative thinking
- Creative, innovative, flexible, able to quickly come up with concepts/ ideas
- Hardworking, can work under high pressure to meet deadlines
- Good teamwork player while can work independently and responsibly
- Possesses high level of reliability, integrity and personal ethics
- Minimum of 2 years working experience at a similar position in an advertising agency
- Necessary technical softwares as required for an Art Director position