- The purpose of the role is to support the Account Director in planning and account handling, manage the Account Executive and monitor their workload, as well as help develop their skill sets. The Account Manager creates the opportunity for strategy and digital specialists to contribute fully.
- The account manager is also key when it comes to driving collaboration across dentsu and in terms of building strong client relationships on a day to day basis.
- Supports Account Director to deliver innovative and creative solutions to client briefs
- Works collaboratively across dentsu and across network as needed –uses good knowledge of products and services to drive business value for clients and dentsu.
- Executes these solutions through the communications planning process
- Project manages clients’ communications plans including timelines and budget;
- Reviews plans to drive greater margin and value through innovation and better and different ways of working;
- Manages team and client business to deliver KPIs e.g. service PRF and accurately tracks costs;
- Allocates team resources to ensure delivery of data and info required for pitches;
- Attends pitches (if appropriate)
- Leads smaller client accounts;
- Builds strong client relationship as a trusted advisor to client;
- Leverages internal relationships;
- Acts as ‘gatekeeper’ for quality control;
- Coordinates invoicing and payments process in line with contractual terms agreed; Oversees processes to ensure smooth financial operations
- Provides accurate plan details and updates to clients;
- Sets example to team to keep abreast of current and future industry thinking and trends;
- Manages Exec and/or Grads: reviews, feedback, development plans
- Presents regularly both internally and to clients.
- Good all-round client knowledge
- Good overall knowledge of dentsu products and services
- Communication and product/planning skills
- Awareness of latest market developments and trends
- Some experience of managing teams
- Experience of working with and managing clients
- Managing planning processes
- Strong Planning experience