The Account Manager/Supervisor serves as the key point of contact for day-to-day management as well as development, implementation and execution of interactive and/or direct marketing activities for current and new clients.
This position will be responsible for assisting with the conceptualization, implementation and management of client campaigns, coordinating client activities and liaison with other team members in the agency in order to exceed client expectations.
This position has revenue generating and tracking responsibility of the assigned client(s) base. This individual manages the implementation of a wide range of interactive/direct marketing programs across multiple media.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Percent (%) of Monthly Working Time
Contribute to Project Development (10%)
- Contribute to pre-sales efforts, including proposal generation and development of new service offerings.
- Generate proposals, presentations, and pricing.
- Seeks additional revenue opportunities by always being aware of scope changes, upgrade opportunities within existing engagements, or new opportunities with in a customer’s organization.
Account Management (60%)
- Rationalize and deliver projected revenue from existing clients, direct and participate in initiatives that generate new revenue from clients.
- Understand customers’ requirements in functional as well as business aspects in order to qualify and close any sales opportunities.
- Generate campaign/project proposals, pricing as well as critical path.
- Maintain relationships with key individuals (project owners) at middle management levels of client organization
- Support 1-3 clients dependent on revenue size and project complexity
- Assure flawless execution of client projects, prioritize resources, and keep Account Director and other groups informed of progress and changes
- Participate in interactive strategy development with consulting team
- Ensure effective staffing levels and quality of staff for required client deliverables including business development proposals, where applicable.
- Confident interacting with executive teams.
- Manage customer satisfaction evaluation process and achieve 90% satisfaction rating.
- Assist Account Directors in managing pipeline forecasting, account planning and account review process. Specifically, maintain profitability report on project/campaign basis.
- Adhere to company guidelines, such as timely completion of performance reviews and time sheets, accurate revenue forecasts and achieving average utilization of 90% or better.
- Help to create standards (documentation/strategies/process) that become company best practices
- Work closely with project managers to routinely review profitability of projects
- Make sure that reporting and operation procedures of account management are efficient and evolving to address changing client and management needs (e.g., contact reporting, status and revenue reports, etc.).
Document Ownership (20%)
- Support creation of Statements of Work and support generation of cost estimates.
- Oversee the timely production of clear, concise written documentation for project deliverables.
- Oversee project’s revenue performance reporting and the creation of effective revenue tracking and forecasting.
- Ensure timely documentation of contact report (with 48 hours of meeting)
- Ensure timely updating of WIP reports
Domain Expert (10%)
- Serve as the internal expert for account management.
- Contribute to 360’ pitches and business development.
- Expands knowledge of additional software and new technologies as they develop, where applicable, and keeps abreast with industry/category best practice.
- Lead the creation and development of creative briefs.
- Sound understanding and tracking of client/category competitive environment.
(The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.)
- Education/ Experience: BA from an accredited school.
- 3-5 years of account management and/or management level marketing, a minimum of 1 year of which has been in an agency environment; preferably with a combination of marketing, branding, business process, and tech industry exposure.
- Understanding of business and industry, identifying issues, providing sound marketing direction and solutions.
- Proven ability to develop business opportunities and achieve success in account growth and revenue generation.
- Demonstrated strategic or consultative approach to account management.
- Strong aptitude for building “partner” relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Good understanding of marketing new media techniques including Internet, Intranet and extranet development, as well as understanding of overall marketing strategy and integrated communications.
- Strong account management, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Proven track record executing complex projects
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of an organization, from project manager to executive, while still introducing elements of fun and humor in the workplace.
- Must have a passion for the creative development process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong presentation abilities.
- Strong listening skills and the ability to be open to new ideas from team members, coworkers, industry sources and clients.
- Ability to manage several projects at once and with keen attention to details and process
- Technical Requirements: Proficiency with Macintosh and PCs.
- Must be capable of providing guidance and mentorship to more junior staff
- Must have sound financial management skills